IN THE MOMENT

Leaving the past behind may be a cake walk when compared to "Living in the moment."  Am I the only one who has to stop---take a breath---and consider what is right in front of my nose?  Why do I forget to relish the present and enjoy the beauty of the moment?  How do I stay where I am--here and now--with no thought of the past--nor worry of the future?




LISTEN-hear what is being said, hear the beauty of the sounds, hear the music of the moment.  Do not think there may be something more important that you are missing.  Do not glance around in distress wondering who of importance you are missing. Nothing is more annoying than to be talking with someone while they are looking over your shoulder -scanning the crowd for someone else.   Listen with intent--giving the sure message of the importance of what your are hearing at this moment.  I practice listening in the present by carefully hearing what The Little People are saying.  Often it takes a long time for them to tell their story and there are even times when The Little Man repeats the same sentences over and over.  They are important to me--I love them--they deserve my attention.  It gives the message, "I hear you." I am present with you and I am listening to you.

ACCEPT-the moment---good or bad accept what is in front of you.  Life is not all butterflies and rainbows.  None of us want the bad--but it is a part of life.  Turn to the one who will sustain you, uphold you, and give you the strength to face this moment of struggle.  Stay in the present and cherish the moment you have been given.  Remember all you are guaranteed is this second--the present moment and make the most of what you are experiencing right now.

OBSERVE-where you are, who is with you, what is happening.  Approach each moment as if you will have to recount-bear witness-to all that is happening.  It is a great tool to remind us of to stay in the moment.  Everything around you is important and all of it is a part of the present.  Become a student of the science of living in the moment and work hard at excelling in staying there.

Why is it so important to stay in the present?  Living in the present is living where life is happening.  The past is gone--history- and the future is not guaranteed--a mere dream of what might be.  Since you are only promised this moment--make the most of it and find the contentment of being completely present as you live the moment.  

These days I am practicing living in the joy and contentment of the moment.  It takes work--moment by moment.  Focusing on the present---letting the past stay in the history book and not dwelling on tomorrow can be a struggle.  I remind myself I can  meet The Lord in this moment--and He desires me to stay in the moment listening, accepting and observing Who he is.



What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while
 and then vanishes.
James 4:14

10 comments

  1. You're very wise Lulu. It is important to focus on the moment, on the here and now, rather than what might have been or will be. Good advice to your readers once again in your posts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to work on this daily , Victor. Always much more content when I am able to stay in the present & the present can be filled with joy!
      Blessings , Friend!

      Delete
  2. Very true, we must live in the moment. I guess one could add, too, that as Christians our minds are also focused on Heavenly things to come, thus the moment is really moot. No matter what the world throws at us, we have Jesus and look forward to Heaven. What a wonderful prospect! What's going on in our lives today will pass away and 100 years from now no one will know or care. Thank you for sharing your wisdom this morning. Have a very blessed day. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, Sparky! Come Lord Jesus!!
      Blessings, Sparky!

      Delete
  3. Life changes so fast, we worry about things that are not even relevant in a day or two. I'm trying to give everything to God (not saying it works perfectly all the time yet), He is in control anyway. When I try to handle things, I make a mess much of the time. Following His plan for my life always seems to go better for me. Wish I'd understood this earlier in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give it & then take it back, Kim. I obviously am a slow learner! His plan is always best!
      Blessings, Kim!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post!!!!You have taken that giant step, leaning on the Father and enjoying each day as it comes. God has whispered in both our hearts. I am learning it is ok to be me. That if I wait upon the Lord and keep quiet enough to hear his voice, He will direct my path and I won't have to worry about who, what or when. My heartache is still there but I am now sharing it with Him and the load is so much easier. Beautiful words today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He desires to be in our present moment---and unless we are consciously staying in this moment--we will miss Him! More than enough reason for me to practice being present!
      Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Hi Lulu! Oh, I stink at staying in the moment. I'm trying to do better, and I appreciate this post, and your thoughts on the subject too. A few days ago, I did a writing exercise that instructed me to 'go outside' and just listen and observe for ten minutes. Then write about it. Such a simple exercise but it was so powerful too. And peaceful! There is a lot of peace in this moment. Right here. On your blog!
    Thank you for your thoughts my friend,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it takes conscious practice, Ceil. With practice it will get easier and we will get better at recognizing all that is happening in our present moment. Always love to her what you are thinking, my wise friend!
      Blessings!

      Delete

Your comments keep my writing and often cause me to think. A written form of a hug or a pat on the back and an occasional slap into reality---I treasure them all!