LOOKING FOR ANSWERS

Surely at some point, most of us have said,  "WHY??"

Life can be not so kind ---there is story after story from friends and family of the trials, tribulations, pain, misery, loss, despair----they have suffered.  A blogging friend suggested put the question out there--and wait for the replies---

So my question is---have you questioned     "WHY?"

Continuing my journey through Paul's letter to the Romans, I was struck by these verses -

"We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings,
because we know that suffering produces perseverance,
perseverance, character;
and character, hope.
And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his love into our hearts
by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 5:2b-5

I tend to be a logical thinker---and pull the word apart to fully understand the wisdom contained in it.  The verses begin by stating we have great joy from our hope which is found in God's Glory.  We are then lead through the formula which produces this hope----and it begins with suffering.  Suffering which instills perseverance which builds character resulting in hope.  

AND hope will never disappoint.  God's grace poured over us---and His love poured into us by His Holy Spirit--which He gave us.  

SO my question is---without suffering do we not know hope?  Or perhaps do we not fully understand God's presence in our lives unless He sustains us as the Fallen World beats us up?

My personal experience-I did not fully understand the deep abiding-faithful love of The Father---until I was totally broken.  Did he cause the events which lead to my pit of despair?  I chose to believe He allowed it to happen--but did not cause it----His will for marriages is clearly stated in His Word.  But in my brokenness--he showed me His Good Glory--and gave me hope which comes only from Him.

Deep pondering on this Sabbath



4 comments

  1. Yes, the brokenness swirls with the questions which are lifted up as an offering to the Healer. I have been there, done that. And that's where I met Him at the most deepest level.

    Thanks for these thoughts today, friend ... so good to begin the week with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND today I am pondering---if I experienced Him the deepest during my lowest moments---how do I retain that deep intimate relationship during the good times?
      Thank You, Linda---for being in my life!

      Delete
  2. God does not make bad things happen to us. He does not play games with us and watches how we react to situations. He allows bad things to happen, for reasons best known to Himself, which (for now) we are not meant to understand. He allows bad things to happen because it is His will.

    More often than not, when bad things happen it is because of our actions, or in-actions. We start the ball rolling by the actions we take as humans. Again, God allows that to happen. He gave us free will and in His generosity and kindness He allows us a free hand to do what we want; even though sometimes what we want and do results in bad things happening.

    The question then is: WHY does He allow bad things to happen? If He loves us so much why does He not protect us from all evil?

    Of course, most of the time He DOES protect us from evil. It is, after all, part of our Lord's Prayer when we petition Him. He protects us from more evils than we could imagine, often without us even knowing that we need such protection.

    Yet ... He allows bad things to happen. Why? Perhaps to give us all an opportunity to love one another and to help one another. How else would we obey His Commandment of loving one another if we had no opportunity to do so?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cling to the truth---ALL for HIS Good Glory, Victor.
      Thank you for your thoughts--others will gleam from your wisdom.

      Delete

Your comments keep my writing and often cause me to think. A written form of a hug or a pat on the back and an occasional slap into reality---I treasure them all!